But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Monday, November 29, 2010

27. Cook my way through Paula Deen’s cookbook, “The Lady and Sons Cookbook”

Another multiple update ---

I just finished a large helping of Paula's pot roast recipe...how is something so simple so delicious? Pot roast is just a great thing to cook. Easy, makes your place of dwelling smell amazing, and can feed one single female for almost an entire week's lunches and suppers (with the help of some side dishes).

Alright, so here is what the fallapartjuicydeliciousness looks like after cooking in the crock pot for over 8 hours:



Plus you get this amazing gravy or au jus or whatever you'd like to call it, that went well over the brown rice I fixed, and also would be AMAZING on mashed potatoes. I'll have to make some of those later this week.
Recipe here---by the way check out the picture of her pot roast -- this is not the prettiest meal you'll eat by any means.

Other recipes I've made: Sweet potato chips

Different, tasty. I give them a yes.
(I also had some fun with my phone camera)

Can't figure out how to rotate pictures on Blogger...but don't these look sort of like pralines? But...not. Yeah, not. Anyway, they tasted good. That's about all that matters.

Recipe here

Sesame Chicken Strips
I used panko since Trader Joe's didn't have "normal" bread crumbs. The panko and sesame seeds were a great combo if I do say so myself.

Mix it up.

Coat the chicken. (maybe this is why I'd never make it as a food blogger...)

Recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment