But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

45. Read a children’s book

This week I got to read several children's books with my friend Todd. He is the smart, clever son of my friends Bonnie and Tim.

Todd: The boy, the myth, the legend. (Photo courtesy of Bonnie's FB pics)


After a leisurely dinner full of lively conversation, and an hour or so playing with some trucks and Buzz Lightyear, Todd and I decided to expand our literary horizons by reading a few books before Todd went to sleep.

I had forgotten how forthrightly educational some children's books are. We read about how to build a house - from surveying the property all the way to moving in furniture. I didn't know felt paper was a legitimate building supply.

We also read a book called Be Nice to Spiders.

It's about a spider named Helen who lives at a zoo and helps out the animals by making webs and eating all the pesky flies. There is drama and suspense when the zookeeper tries to get rid of Helen, but I don't want to ruin the ending for you. You'll have to read it yourself to find out what happens.


By the way, I read the book title and author's name aloud each time we picked up a new book. Each time I would ask Todd if the author was his favorite author. Each time he said yes. So, it sounds like we were reading some pretty well-loved authors in Todd's life. Margaret Bloy Graham was no exception. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment