But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

76. Go to homecoming at my high school & 77. Go to a local high school football game


Go Wildcats!


While at home this past weekend I attended the homecoming football game at my high school. For most schools around the country, this is no big deal, but at my high school, having a football team and therefore a homecoming football game is a very big deal.

I graduated in a class of 40 people from a small Christian school. Growing up our main fall sport was boys soccer. We had cheerleaders, pep rallies, bus trips, and the popular captains of the team - it just all revolved around soccer.

This year is the first year my school has had a varsity football team so it was a little strange to walk up to the "soccer" field and see football goalposts. Or is it fieldgoals? Or is it fieldposts?

Goalposts.

Sorry, momentary lapse of intelligence there.

In any case, going to this homecoming game helped me cross two things off my list - I had never been back for homecoming so it was good to walk around the "old stomping grounds" but I think it might be a while before I hit it up again. Unless of course I decide to postpone our reunion until next fall, which is looking more and more likely.....


Did I mention the name of the school changed since I went there? I graduated from Westminster Preparatory School and attended 4th-6th grade at Westminster Day School. Now it's all just called Westminster Schools of Augusta....it was odd to hear the cheerleaders yelling "W-S-A!"

WPS sounds much better, in my opinion. I wonder if as an alumna I have any amount of influence over changing it back....

No comments:

Post a Comment