But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

92. Call in to a radio contest to try and win free tix to a concert

There are 2 radio stations between which I typically switch back and forth in my morning and evening commutes. One is a country station and one is a mix of..well...random songs created in order to rival the soft rock station. It's called Fresh FM. It's not fresh, but it's all the songs that got stuck in your head over the past 10-15 years.

So, I always hear about concerts on the country station, but 8 times out of 10, they don't say the phone number when it's time for ticket giveaways, they just say "call in now...we'll take the 9th caller!"

1 time out of 10 they will say the number and I won't be able to get my phone in time to push the power button at the top, slide the unlock button, pull up the keypad, and enter the number before they finish saying said number, and I have been so focused on getting the phone that I've forgotten the number. I love my Droid, but it was not designed for making quick phone calls while driving.

But then there is the remaining 1 time out of 10 when the stars align: My phone is sitting on my leg because I've been checking my work e-mail (ummm...only at stoplights...or..something). The DJ announces the call-in number, and I have time to enter it into my phone, then she says she'll take the fifth caller, and I dial, hoping hoping hoping to win tickets to............a Keith Urban concert...mehh. Oh well, it could be fun.

So I dial, and I get a busy signal. Hang up, redial, busy signal. Hang up, redial, busy signal. Hang up, redial, busy signal.

My brain starts to wander to how Keith Urban has really girly hair and how he an Nicole Kidman used to go to the Starbucks by my house in Nashville.

And I stop the redial game, because I have lost this call-in contest. And because I'm operating a motor vehicle and should really focus on driving.

But, I have succeeded at completing another item on my 101 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment