But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Monday, January 3, 2011

95. Eat an oyster or escargot

A friend had recommended a restaurant for me to check out while in San Fran called “The Stinking Rose” - everything there has garlic in it. And who has two thumbs and loves garlic......

So I took the opportunity of eating by myself to get some terrible breath while eating delicious food.

Then I decided to expand my culinary experience by ordering clams with black fettuccine. I have never had an oyster, clam, mussel, etc. so I added this to the list so that I would try some sort of bi-valve creature.



The pasta was AMAZING. I couldn’t finish it all and accidentally left the rest of it in the fridge in my hotel room -- guess those cleaning folks were in for a garlicky surprise when they opened the fridge.

As for the clams, I enjoyed them for a while, but the texture got to me after a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment