But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

66. Play with a dog





I love dogs. Not all of them, I confess, but a large majority. One day I WILL have a place with a yard where I WILL then get a dog. I WILL. I'm determined. I've already picked out a name if it's a boy. Baxter.

But for now....I must settle for playing with dogs when I get the opportunity.

And yesterday was a really great opportunity. At Barrel Oak Winery (see previous post) there were lots and lots of dogs - labs, retrievers, pugs, golden doodles, dachshunds, and the list goes on. It was so fun to see folks chilling outside with their dogs and be able to meet people as you pet their dog. Dogs really are the ultimate ice breaker.

So, BOW was having a pet adoption group there this weekend to spread the word and give people the opportunity to visit with some puppies that are available for adoption.

Our group was really hoping that Karen and her boyfriend Taylor were going to end up taking a puppy home, but they weren't 100% ready for it. (Granted, it's tough to have a dog in an apartment in the city, but they were mighty close to being convinced.)

Karen and Taylor obviously smitten with the puppy we hoped they were taking home:

So our group of 2 guys and 7 girls spent over an hour playing with, cradling, and petting some stinkin adorable (no really, one of these guys had some issues and was smelling up the place a couple of times....but was still adorable) german shepherd mix puppies.



So the black puppy's name was Mary Lou and her brother is Sam Huff -- here's Charlie holding Sam:


Sweetest puppies ever. So chill and calm amidst a crowd of people. Needless to say, we enjoyed it immensely. Here's hoping these two 8 week olds find good homes!

No comments:

Post a Comment