But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

60. Go to the Civitan garage sale

My sister helped me cross number 60 off the list on Saturday morning. There is a flea market/garage sale just one block from our building the first Saturday of each month (April through November).

It takes place in the parking deck of a local high school and folks just park their cars, set up the goods and let the freak show ---I mean the sale--- begin.

Let's just say it brings out some of the most interesting people and possessions.

Did I buy old, used lingerie or a multi-disc CD player, circa 1997? Tempting, but, no. I refrained.

There were some really interesting booths, such as the vintage hardware one, that was selling old glass and ceramic doorknobs, brass light switch plates, drawer pulls, buttons, etc.




So, you're wondering, "What treasures did you find to purchase, Miss Hutchins?"

WELL, I did find a keeper. An authentic vintage item that has already found its home on my fridge:


I will admit, I don't have a clue what most of the images in the letters are supposed to be....and I call myself a native....ohhhh the shame.



And with that, another number crossed off the list. We'll see if I can keep up this pace...

1 comment:

  1. Oh take me with you next time. I love flea markets and old junk. Mississippi had some killer antique stores and flea markets, and you can't beat Pendergrass.

    ReplyDelete