But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

40. Meet Molly Bramhall



I met Cindy soon after moving to Augusta in 4th grade. Even though we were in different homerooms, we became fast friends despite our differences: The first time Cindy came to my house for a sleepover, she spent most of the time reading books.....I had my doubts then that our friendship would survive. Plus she could sleep in til 1pm while I would be wide awake by no later than 10am, so awkwardness was more than expected.

Despite these early bumps in the road, Cindy and I remained friends and I love that I can still call her a friend today.

Here we are with our friend Steve at Christmas one year in college making cookies:


I was in her wedding shortly after graduating college:


and now we only see each other about once a year if we're lucky.

So when she told us she was pregnant about 2 years ago, I was so excited -- couldn't wait to see Cindy pregnant and as a mom.

So we threw her a baby shower:

what's that? She doesn't look pregnant? I know, right? And she was over 7 months at this point....(by the way Chandler is the other part of our threesome pictured here and above)


Cindy's baby Molly was born last June and I didn't meet her until I was home this weekend. Molly is so great and she warmed up to me pretty quickly, which Cindy said was a rare thing. I think Molly is pretty smart, though, so I can understand why she'd want to hang out with me.

Meet Miss Molly:
She wasn't so sure about the picture taking until I showed her the image of herself right after, then she struck a model pose:


And tried to play coy with the camera when I asked her to take a picture with me:



But we had a great time and it was great to catch up with Cindy -- who is expecting baby Bramhall number 2!

Can't wait to see how Molly continues to grow up! So glad I got to meet her this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment