But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

85. Take a Sunday afternoon nap

The Sunday afternoon nap is an almost forgotten art in my life these days. Whether it's prepping for my junior & senior high girls bible study, scrambling to do laundry for the work week, enjoying a long lunch, or just playing catch up on life, my Sunday afternoons have become anything but restful these past couple of years.

I never thought it would take a conscious effort to make myself rest -- I love a full, busy, life, but I like it at my own, relaxed pace. Lately I haven't had that luxury.

But I've been trying to force myself back into recognizing the necessity of the Sabbath and trying to cram all the (well most of the...) things I need to get done into my Saturdays, leaving Sundays as a time for worship, fellowship, service and REST.


So today -ah, today - I enjoyed an over two hour nap in my comfy bed after a great lunch. Full belly, big pillow -- it was SO nice.

I highly recommend getting to know these strangers called naps. I used to know them quite well, and I was really happy to be reacquainted with them today.

2 comments:

  1. I have become quite a nap expert this summer. It needs to be on my 101 list to NOT take a nap.... I'm basically screwed once school starts again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm yess. The Kat Nap. People should start using that as a common phrase....

    ReplyDelete