But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

19. Go to a DC United game

Oooooh oooh hot summer nii-iights.

DC U-nite-ED! DC U-nite-ED!


A few weeks ago I got a group of my friends together to go to a DC United game at RFK. Upon our arrival, the parking attendants would not let us in the closest parking lot to the stadium, even though 3 or 4 cars just in front of us were allowed in.

So I drove past the parking attendant, and turned into the lot between two barricades. My friend Emily said from the backseat "Oh now there's another attendant running after your car."

I thought she was joking. She wasn't.

So when my car, full of 5 eager DC United (or at least soon to be) fans, pulled into a parking spot, and I saw a man in the standard parking attendant attire (orange vest, mini light saber) at my window, I simply rolled it down and the PR skills kicked in.

It also helped that he didn't speak much English. I may have taken advantage of that...

Him: No, no, exit!
Me: Oh, we're good here, thanks.
Him: He say no (referring to the first attendant that wouldn't let me into the lot.)
Me: Well, we'll just park here, it's fine.
Him: You have pass?
Me: Oh, sure here's my ticket. (I show him the generic pass they give you when you first enter and pay the $15 fee.
(He takes it, looks at it, hands it back.)
Him: No, no.....exit.
Me: (pulling the car forward a bit more, then putting it in park) Thanks, but I think we're good here. It's fine. We'll just park here.

he finally gave up and walked away...


There is a bit of my dad in me, what can I say....


So we enjoyed a toasty evening watching the Beautiful Sport and I decided that I should become a bigger United fan. But I haven't done a single thing about it since then save the email list I agreed to be put on...oh well.

DC U-nite-ED!

No comments:

Post a Comment