But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Monday, January 3, 2011

41. Do something crafty with Grandfather Walker’s journal & 48. Use my 2 Groupons before they expire

2 birds with one stone in this one -- I used my other Groupon (remember this previous entry?) to do something crafty with Grandfather Walker’s journal by using one of his paintings to order some stationary cards. Grandfather Walker is my great-great grandfather who spent some time at sea when he was young and did some paintings in a journal he kept while on his trip. If you’d like to hear more about it sometime, let me know. Pretty interesting family history stuff there. In any case, I used an online company to create some cards with one of the images and they turned out well.

But - there are several reasons why I would highly encourage you to never use A&I Books - but the most entertaining is that they sent me someone elses’ Christmas cards by mistake ---





And then sent me a FedEx label so that I could mail those cards directly to the correct (I mean..I guess it was correct) recipients.

Finally my cards arrived in time for Christmas -- so I split them up among my immediate family as gifts.

Ch-ch-check ‘em out:




What’s that? The image looks familiar? ohhh why yes, that is the image from the header of my blog. It’s one of my favorites from the journal.

Now I’m thinking I should use these cards to fulfill number 22 or 67....

No comments:

Post a Comment