But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Monday, October 4, 2010

13. Surprise someone out of town with a visit





I like surprises. Always have. I never tried to find my Christmas presents before Christmas Day because I wanted to be surprised. I never like knowing the ending of a movie I'm planning to see before I see it, and I love being able to surprise other people.

A few months back I knew I wanted to make a visit home since I hadn't been since Christmas, so with my brother's help (he lives in the same town as my parents and could make sure they would be around), I went home this past weekend to surprise my parents with a visit.

Some of y'all (that's a hopeful use of the plural there) knew I was planning this surprise and couldn't wait to hear my parents reactions. Well, I'll do you one better and show you their reactions.

First my mom's -- my brother was the videographer (sorry it's a bit dark):



We were going to be celebrating my brother's birthday that night and my dad wasn't going to get home from work for a few more hours, so we waited to surprise him as well. My brother and I were both sitting in the den - you can't see me, but you'll get the idea....and...uhhh I can't figure out how to rotate the video, so hopefully you have a laptop and can rotate it...




I will add that after he put his things down, my dad did come back in the room and give me a proper hug. Although I must say their reactions were hugely insightful as to why I am not overly expressive with my emotions or reactions -- at least I come by it honestly!

It was a great visit at home - I got to cross a few more things off the list which I'll post separately, but mainly it was a good time of hanging out and eating good food, like my favorite barbecue:



And my brother took us to Atlanta on Sunday see Bobby Cox's final home game before retiring. It was a fantastic game as the Braves won and secured their wildcard spot in the playoffs (since the Padres lost).

We had a great view:

A nice break and good time at home -- as usual it just went by too fast! I'm thinking I might like to repeat this lucky number 13 since it worked so well the first time.....hmm I'll think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment