But you aren't a sailor...

Inspired by friends, I've created a list of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. As with most things in life, it's better to go through them with other people, so if you'd like to help me do any of the things on my list, let me know. Thanks for being part of my adventure!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

67. Write and send a thank you note every week for a month

I still value the thank you note. I credit my family for this. My mother taught me to make them a (good) habit. My father emphasized an attitude of gratitude. My brother and sister have a gracious way with the written word. And my Grandfather still sends me a birthday card every year.

These days I confess I write more email thank-yous than handwritten ones, but I try to make time for handwritten ones when the occasion allows.

Christmas, birthday, changing jobs, etc. have all provided several opportunities for me to express some thanks this past month.

And while Crane is always a good idea (see this post: http://elaneymedia.com/2009/05/29/note-to-self/)
sometimes you can get by with options form World Market, Target, and even CVS.

My one rule: A true thank you note should never be written on a card printed with "Thank You" on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment